Welcome to Ironstone!
We know moving is a big step and comes with many new changes. For some it may just be a matter of moving around the block, but for others it could mean moving to a new area which could take some getting used to.
We came up with a quick guide to the basic amenities in and around your new neighbourhood.
You may not have time to brew your own cup of coffee because of unpacking and getting yourself in order. Well the good news is that Starbucks and Coffee Culture are literally steps away from your front door.
- Starbucks -1860 Appleby Line, Unit 16 (at Ironstone Drive)
- Coffee Culture Café & Eatery – 1960 Appleby Line #15
If you’ve moved far from your previous home, you might need to find a dentist and doctor that’s close by. Luckily, there are a few close to your new home.
- Uptown Dental Burlington – 1900 Appleby Line #2
- Upper Appleby Dental – 1940 Appleby Line #13
Although we hope you never have to visit the doctor for anything serious, flu and cold season is fast approaching. Knowing that the walk-in is only a few steps away from home should put your mind at ease.
- North Burlington Medical Centre Walk In Clinic – 1960 Appleby Line
Unpacking that allergy medicine may not be the first thing on your to-do list, so knowing where you can pick up some Claritin is quite convenient.
- Shoppers Drug Mart – 2080 Appleby Line
There are plenty of great public schools in the area, with a handful of them being very close to Ironstone. There are also a few high schools that aren’t too far from your condo.
- Alexander’s Public School- 2223 Sutton Drive
- Orchard Park Public School – 5151 Dryden Avenue
- LesterB. Pearson - 1433 Headon Rd
Faced with all those boxes to unpack, cooking may be the last thing on your mind. No need to worry – there are many great restaurants in the area.
- Hibachi Teppanyaki Restaurant – 1940 Appleby Line
- TurtleJack’s Muskoka Grill – 1900 Appleby Line
- East Side Mario‘s - 2000 Appleby Line
Here are some grocery options in the area for when you’re finally ready to cook your first meal in your new kitchen.
Oh, and there’s also the Burlington Public Library branch down the street.
We hope we didn’t miss anything but feel free to comment below to let us know!